- Marina studied at the Moscow State University’s Academy of Practical Psychology.
- In 2007 she obtained her Master’s degree from the University of Southern California School of Social work in the United States.
- Marina has continued her education in the following extensive programs:
- «Somatic Therapy of the Psychological Trauma» International Program
at the Moscow Gestalt Institute
- «Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Program» at the Moscow Cognitive Therapy Center
- «Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Program» at the Linehan Institute in Moscow
- 2017 – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Chronic Pain and Health Anxiety (Helen Macdonald)
- 2016 – ”Essentials of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy” Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Judith Beck, Ph.D.)
- 2016 – Motivational Interviewing (William J. Matulich, Ph.D.)
- 2016 – “Basic Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training” Interpersonal Psychotherapy Institute (Scott Stuart, PhD)
Marina has experience in working with problem youth, domestic abuse victims, the LGBT community, geriatric clients, foster children, mentally ill, alcohol and chemically dependent clients.
- 2009 – Los Angeles Children’s Law Center Los Angeles Children’s Law Center, Los Angeles, CA 2009 Investigative Interviewing and Psychological Assessments of Minors in Foster Homes
- 2004-2008 – Beit T’Suvah Substance Abuse Treatment and Rehabilitation Center, Los Angeles, CA Providing individual and group psychotherapy
- 2003 – West Hollywood Comprehensive Service Center, West Hollywood, CA Providing Psychotherapy for Older Adults, LGBT population, mentally ill clients
- 2002 – Women Helping Women Services Helpline, Los Angeles, CA Hotline Counseling
- 2000 – The Los Angeles Free Clinic Hollywood Project STEP, Los Angeles, CA Providing counseling and skill training for homeless youth